Custom Search

Aloha Friday!  

Posted by: Meredith

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day to take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Kalani @ An Island Life is hosting Aloha Friday. What's that you ask? I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

Today's Question is:
(this question is for the parents out there...)
Do you "co-sleep", or do you have a "family bed"?


Photobucket

This entry was posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

12 comments

We co-slept when my son was an infant but now he has his own room and own bed.

My kid's are grown however they all had their own beds. I would bring them to my bed to nurse but they went back to their own beds. Our grandchildren are 8,5 and 2 years old and have their own rooms and beds at our house however, we make a big bed for them at the foot of our bed but by morning everyone is in bed with us.

http://pinkjagxj.blogspot.com/2008/08/sleepover.html

It was never intended to have a "family bed" but every night my son comes in around 3 am or 4 am and says "I just can't sleep in my room its dark" ugh.. so up he climbs into our big bed. lol

We co-slept with my daughter for the first 2 months. She's been in her own bed ever since. We just had a tough time sleeping with her in bed with us. My poor husband was terrified of squishing her and couldn't sleep!

We never technically did co-sleeping, but some nights we truly did. Still to this day we often have one of our boys with us for part of the night.

DS sleeps in his own room, own bed. I'd be afraid that if we co-slept he would be there til he was 7-8 (which has happened to some o fmy friends)

Well... We have a family bed.. I couldn't function on 30 minute of sleep a night anymore and at like 3months i brought the girls into bed with us.. :) now I've tried to put them in their cribs, but i hate to hear them cry... (OK I'm a wuss I pick them up after 3.5 minutes.. Wussy mommy)

we co-sleep out of sheer laziness LOL

Nope - mainly because there's just no way we could all fit, and we don't have room for a larger bed. Everyone sleeps in their own bed - although from time to time we do end up with a child in the bed with us before morning. :)

I didn't intend to but we ended up co-sleeping. Now I wouldn't have it any other way.

No, but that doesn't keep them from crawling into bed with us any way. lol

Our babies slept with us when they were little! I wouldn't change it in a heartbeat ~ they are happy, independent, well-adjusted kids. Occasionally, one or the other will still come crawl in bed if they have a bad dream, or if there is a storm. I wouldn't change that either! I hope they will always need us occasionally!

Post a Comment