Custom Search

Clinginess is on the rise...  

Posted by: Meredith in , , , , ,

Two nights of the week I have to leave work and head right to school instead of going home. This schedule is the best way for me to get through the remaining classes I need to graduate. On the nights that I have to go to school my dear husband takes care of Little B. and gets him to bed before I get home.

I know kids go through many stages in life as they grow and learn about the world around them, it's really amazing to watch B. take on a personality of his own and realize that he is gaining more independence each and every day. One thing that comes with growing up is the separation anxiety stage. I thought we had worked through this issue around the 24 month mark, but it seems to be making a come back.

Over the summer I took time off school to be able to spend more time in the evenings with B. Things smoothed out at home so much with me being there every night. I was able to eat dinner with B., give him his bath, and put him to bed. Tantrums decreased from a daily occurence to about two a week. B. seemed so much happier. Now that school is back in session things have taken a turn for the worse.

When I got home from school last night I was talking to Hubby J. about his day and how B. was after school. J. told me that after dinner, before his bath, B. was playing on the floor with a puzzle when all of a sudden he stopped what he was doing and went to the window and began wimpering. B. would point out the window to where my car should be parked an give J. the 'Where is she' look. *As a side note- B. is not talking much yet, therefore, he can't just ask or tell us what is wrong.* So when J. asked him what he wanted B. turned to a wedding portrait we have on the wall, pointed to me, and started crying!

Hearing this is such a heart-breaker. I know that I will not be in school forever, but I hate that not being at home is making things hard for my Little B. I wish I could come up with something that would make it easier for him; like a way for him to understand that mommy is not going to be gone forever, I will be home as soon as I can.

I guess for now he will just have to learn that Papa is the next best thing, and I will always be there when he gets up in the morning.

Photobucket

This entry was posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment