Custom Search

Help with the tantrums!  

Posted by: Meredith in , , , ,

I don't know what has become of my Little B. We went through the terrible tantrum phase just before his 2nd birthday and began to move out of it not long after. I know it's easy for childred to regress at times, especially when their schedules get mixed up, but the tantrums we have been having the last two days top any we ever experienced in the past.

B. goes to visit his father every other weekend. He has been doing this since his father and I divorced when he was 6 months old. The past month, however, he was with his father 2 weekends in a row, and then at home for 2 weekends in a row. This past weekend he was with his father, and when he got home Sunday there was almost an instantaneous meltdown.

Now B. is just begining to talk, and by talk I mean use a random word at random times, so he does have some trouble expressing himself. I'm sure this has a lot to do with whatever is bothering him, but Hubby J. and I just can't figure it out.

Last night Little B. had a melt down because he wanted his juice in a 'big boy' cup instead of a sippy cup. When I got a big boy cup and poured the juice into it you would have thought the world was comming to an end.

I gave him exactly what he had asked for, but it just made things worse. These are the times your mom looks at you and says, "now do you see what I was talking about?"

Of course, the rest of the night he has a pouty attitude as mama and papa can't do anything right to make him happy again.

I don't know if the change in Little B.'s schedule is what has him off or if it's just a normal developmental phase that we will have to work through, but sometimes I wish I could call Super Nanny to help me make sense of it all.

God Bless all the parents out there with a tantrum on their hands....

Photobucket

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 and is filed under , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment