Custom Search

Women of Faith...  

Posted by: Meredith

A few years ago I went to a conference here in Charlotte that had such a lasting impression on me. The conference was "Extraordinary Faith" by the Women of Faith organization. I don't know if you have ever heard of the Women of Faith, but I suggest you look to their website http://www.womenoffaith.com/ if you ever are in the need for a little lift.

I have never been in a situation where I was surrounded by 16,000 women all praising the same Man. There was a sense of power in the coliseum, a strength that could rival any army. I have since been to another conference, "Contagious Joy", that was just as inspiring and moving.

Each conference runs for 2 days. 2 days that are filled with singing, dancing, lectures, dramatic skits, laughter, crying, and joy all in the name of worship for the one and only Lord. Women of Faith travel the country for months on end to bring these conferences to as many women as possible. If you ever get a chance to attend, you will not be disappointed.

Unfortunately, WOF is not coming to Charlotte this year, they will be in Greensboro, and I will not be able to make it. However, I plan to go back next year (I will plan ahead a bit better.)

If you can't make it to the conference, the website has a store where you can purchase books and other items relating to each year's theme, in addition to devotionals, music, bibles, just about anything you could want or need in your spiritual life. I recommend, "Extraordinary Faith" by Sheila Walsh, the theme book for the 2005 conference.

Photobucket


Click here to Learn More!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

I love the Women of Faith conferences! I hope I can go next year when it comes back to Charlotte. I really love Beth Moore. I teach her Bible Studies at my church. Right now we are doing "Stepping Up."

Post a Comment