Custom Search

Back to the treadmill  

Posted by: Meredith

Time to get CRUISE ready!
Hubby J. and I are going on a western Caribbean cruise in January. I am so excited. Neither one of us has ever been on a cruise and we have heard how fun they can be.
I mean when does 'all you can eat' and 'room service' ever sound bad?
When Hubby J. and I got married we were so busy with the routine life stuff such as: work, the kid, school, and more work. We did not get to go on a honeymoon because the Fall semester at school started two days after the wedding, and life has been non-stop since.
So we decided it was time for the two of us to get away from everything and act like it is our honeymoon. And maybe try a little baby making while we are there. (SHHH... keep that quiet. I haven't completely talked Hubby J. into it yet.)
Anyway, I have decided that I am in desperate need of some good ol' hard work to make sure that itty bitty bikini fits for the cruise. I figure the only way I am gonna get my sleepy head out of the bed at 5:30 in the morning to hit the treadmill is if I have some motivation.
And no, the cute bikini and my husband on the beach in Ocho Rios is NOT enough motivation for me. I figure only the fear of public humiliation will do the trick.
So my plan is to blog my progress. I know I can get into the habit of working out, as I was on a roll this past spring and lost weight and really toned up for the summer. However, stress of losing and job and having to find another, followed by months of illness has put the pounds back on.
Beginning tomorrow (and I realize that Friday is one hell of a day to begin anything) I will be getting up before Hubby J. and Little B. to sweat on the treadmill. Wish me luck, I plan to report the progress every two days or so.


Photobucket


This entry was posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment