Custom Search

Why is it that... *UPDATED*  

Posted by: Meredith

Why is it that when you have a cold/bronchitis/pneumonia, or whatever else kind of crud you get that keeps you feeling terrible, you sit inside either trying to get some rest, or you are inside at a job, and your nose is so stopped up you have to breath through your mouth, then you have to go outside for some reason or another and like a miracle your nose clears up and you can breath and feel so much better? And of course as soon as you walk back inside you are back to mouth breathing.

I am working on week number 5 of being sick. 2 rounds of antibiotics, prescription decongestants, 6 bottles of cough syrup, and 1 inhaler later, I am still not well.

I have decided, against my own belief that I will end up so grossed out that I can't eat for a week, to go to the store after work and buy a neti pot. If you have used one, and it was a good experience, let me know. If it was a bad experience, then you can laugh at me after I try it, I don't want to know before.

At this point I am willing to bend my very firm conviction that I would never put anything up my nose just to get some relief.

I will spare you all the gory details, but when I have used the neti pot and decided whether it was worth it or not, I will report back with the results.


*UPDATE* @ 11:00pm

So I obviously am not sleeping sound in my bed. No, I have started vomiting. Oh what fun. Hubby J. looked at me earlier and asked if I wanted to go to the hospital because I was acting like I was dying!

The neti pot did what it was supposed to do, and was really not that gross. I will probably end up using it on a weekly basis once I am well just to help keep things healthy.

I have no idea where the vomiting came from, so I will not try to explain that one. I am, however, going to call off work tomorrow. I have not missed a single day since I got sick 5 weeks ago, and I think it's about time I took a day to sleep without anyone in the house to bother me.

I hope everyone is resting well tonight, I will be sleeping in the recliner, in the living room, lonley and sick.

Photobucket

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Aww, I hope you start getting ALl better soon.
I love me the netti pot. I know, seems gross, but it does its job.

Get healthy.

Post a Comment