Custom Search

One Minute Weekend...  

Posted by: Meredith in

I came across this really neat blog, The One Minute Writer. Subtitle is "You have 1,440 minutes a day. Use one of them to write." Each post is a topic for you to write about for one minute. There is even a timer on the sidebar of the blog. I am going to try to use as many of these topics as possible to strengthen my writing, or even just to have something to write about.

Today's writing prompt: Write about something interesting that happened this weekend.

So here goes, begin my minute right now...

This weekend I went to my parents house to help them copy files off of their Jurassic era computer. This computer has a FLOPPY drive, and no other means of transferring data! I took my thumb drive with me hoping and praying for a USB port. Voila, there are 2 USB ports available. Down side, the Windows 84,000BC version they are running would not recognize my drive. Another idea down the drain. Then I remember Bob and Sheri of 107.9 The Link endorsing Go To My PC as a great service. 3 hours later (due to the DIAL UP internet) the service is installed and ready to go. Off to my house I go to connect via the newly installed service. My ending thoughts on this process are that Go To My PC worked beautifully, if slowly (again due to the dial up internet on their end), but the folks MUST get a new computer!

Photobucket

This entry was posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Floppy drive? Holy cow, that is an old computer!!!

Hello
We supply Industrial special floppy drive, 3.5 "the 720K, 2.0MB, 1.6MB, 1.0MB Floppy Disk Drive, TEAC floppy disk drive, SONY floppy disk drive, YE-DATA floppy disk drive, EPSON floppy disk drive, MITSUMI floppy disk drive, Panasonic floppy disk drive, Mitsubishi floppy disk drive, CITIZEN floppy disk drive, NEC floppy disk drive, IBM ZIP 250MB floppy disk drive.SCSI Hard Drives Hitachi (IBM) IC35L SCSI hard drives, Seagate SCSI drives, IBM SCSI hard drives,
MSN: szdomo@gmail.com
http://www.ruanqu.net
QQ: 309995857
OICQ: 497735365

Thanks & Regards,

xu peng

Post a Comment