Custom Search

Every time I see rainbows...  

Posted by: Meredith

Every time I see a rainbow I am transported back to a day in my childhood that I will never forget.

I had to be less than 4 years old, my parents were still married. I was out in the back yard, in one of those plastic kiddie pools, playing with my dolls, BY MYSELF. I guess mom had to go inside for a minute with one of my brothers.

It was one of those summer days where we would have a storm come through every afternoon, but it would only last for 15-20 minutes. I must have decided to play outside after the rain because there was a HUGE beautiful rainbow. I don't recall if this was the first real life rainbow I had ever seen, or if it was just the most beautiful. I screamed at the top of my lungs for my mommy to come outside and see the rainbow.

I thought if I went inside to get someone the rainbow would disappear, so I just screamed and screamed. By the time anyone came outside to see what the ruckus was all about the rainbow was gone.

So here is a picture of a rainbow that I saw on my way home today...


From 1208

Yes, I took this photo with my camera through the windshield while driving down the interstate on the way home from work today.


DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY PRECIOUS GIRLS CLUB GIVEAWAY!

Photobucket

This entry was posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

It's so beautiful!

Isn't it crazy that your mom would leave you in a pool ALONE...moms back then didn't freak out about everything...and we still survived...amazing!

I agree with April. What happened to this world? Parents used to do or not do all kinds of stuff and their kids turned out just fine!!!!

Post a Comment