Custom Search

Our Christmas in a hurry...  

Posted by: Meredith

I am going to try to keep this short and sweet, if you feel like I do, glad the holidays are behind us, you will want it short and sweet. Well, not many words, but lots of pics.

Christmas Eve:
I took B. to my grandfather's (his great grandfather) to visit with some of my dad's side of the family. He got these really neat trucks from my grandfather that are wooden and they are built like puzzles. He Loves them.

From Christmas

He also really enjoyed playing with a monster garbage truck that his cousin brought.

From Christmas

B. also got to 'drive' the big tractor.


From 1208

I took this picture while B. and I waited for his dad to pick him up from the McDonald's parking lot. I am smiling on the outside, but super sad that he will not be at home Christmas morning.


From 1208

Christmas Eve evening:

Here is our tree with B.'s presents from momma and poppa. The big present to the left is Hubby J.'s surprise present. He thought we were not exchanging gifts, but he works so hard for us, I had to get him something just for him.


From Christmas

Hubby J. didn't want a picture of him in his jammies to be on the blog, but here it is anyway, enjoying his new V-Rocker gaming chair.


From Christmas

Christmas Morning:

Without Little B. here to wake us at the crack of dawn we got to sleep in a bit. We watched something stupid, I'm sure, I can't remember, on TV and then got all dressed up in not lounge clothes to go see my mom's side of the family.

Christmas Evening:

Me, B., and Uncle Rich. This picture captures by big brother perfectly, me, on the other hand, someone snapped the picture mid-sentence. Not cute.


From Christmas

My uncle Rod in the kitchen. Do you see that? The door is open on Christmas Day! I thought it was supposed to snow on Christmas, at least that's that the stories say. Loving the hair!

From Christmas

The boys out talking about boy stuff, I'm sure, in the yard away from the rest of us.

From Christmas


Granny, Uncle Adam, and B. eating cheese. Yes, mom is telling me something that she felt deserved a finger wag. No, she was not yelling at me to not take pictures of her while she is eating. Love you mom.

From Christmas

My beautiful Missy. Silly girl, she is wet from playing in the fountain. Unfortunately, this is the last picture that will ever be taken of her. Later on in the evening, just as people were begining to go home, Miss Miss got hit by a car and didn't survive. I'm sad to say she is in heaven now.

From Christmas

Mom's best friends, Joyce and Nancy, stopped by. Don't ask what they are doing, I have no clue.


From Christmas

Opening presents:

From Christmas



From Christmas


From Christmas



From Christmas



From Christmas


From Christmas


Boxing Day (December 26):

December 26 is my birthday, so of course I had to spend the day without Hubbs becasuse 364 days is obviously not enough time for him to schedule to be off work. (hint hint for next year, hubbs)

I decided to do something I love, I made a fire in the back yard.

From 1208

Hubbs was impressed. He seriously thought this country girl couldn't build a fire all by myself. Looks good to me. Little B. enjoyed his bag of grapes while keeping warm by the fire.
From 1208

From 1208

From 1208

We took his Monster Truck for a drive around the neighborhood, bag of grapes in the passenger seat. ( We did have to pay for it the next day, grapes lead to very messy diapers, I don't recommend allowing you child to eat a whole bag of grapes!)

From Christmas

Later that night, the in-laws came over along with Aunt Joie,and my father to give B. more Christmas presents. This helicopter is all B. has been asking for 24 hours a day since he got it.
From Christmas

And of course, with Hubbs looking silly in B.'s new hard hat!
From Christmas
The shirt Little B. painted for Granddaddy.

From Christmas



From Christmas

From Christmas

From Christmas

From Christmas

Birthday Cake from Grandma.
From Christmas

More pics:
From Christmas

From Christmas

From Christmas

There you have it! Our Christmas in Pictures.
Now back to reality, thank goodness.


Photobucket

This entry was posted on Monday, December 29, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Looks like you had a great Christmas!

Happy (late) Birthday!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. :o( HUGS!

So sorry to hear about Missy!!! We've had a couple of dogs hit and it doesn't get any easier....

Post a Comment