Custom Search

Bon Voyage...  

Posted by: Meredith

Last week Hubbs and I went on the best vacation ever! (The only thing that would have made it better is if Little B. could have been there.)

Last Saturday we left for Fort Lauderdale, FL. We had an easy flight and found the best airline ever. Jet Blue will be our go to airline from now on. Each seat of the plane has it's own tv, and you get a full soda (not just a little cup of soda), and awesome snacks.

From Cruise2009


Our plane. Took this picture because Little B. loves planes. I actually took pictures of every plane we saw so Little B. could have lots to look at. I will spare you the dullness of posting every plane picture I have.

From Cruise2009
Here are my motion sickness wrist bands! Like 5 minutes into the flight I was sitting in my seat with the AC on as high as it would go and taking slow, deep breaths trying not to be sick. Within 3 minutes on adorning these bad boys I was feeling great! What a life saver!

From Cruise2009

Totally awesome snacks! I made a point to look for these Doritos Munchies in the grocery store when we got home.

From Cruise2009

I didn't realize that coastal FL was just a bunch of seemingly man-made islands. Kinda cool. I wouldn't want to live here during a hurricane though. God Bless you all living in this area.

From Cruise2009

Jason thinks I'm crazy, but I knew you all would appreciate a picture of the bird walking around the Ft. Lauderdale Airport baggage claim area. This bird had a few friends with him and you could almost touch them they were so tame.

We stayed in Ft. Lauderdale Saturday night so we wouldn't be rushed getting to the port on Sunday. The hotel was nice, we had a room with a king size bed that was like sleeping in heaven. I was having a great night of childless sleep when all of a sudden... there was this sound like the beeping you hear when you put your magnetic room key in the door and it doesn't work. You know, like Beep, beepbeepbeep. I wake up and shake Jason awake thinking someone is trying to break into our room. Protector that my husband is, he gets up to investigate the sound and I see him looking in the closet! "What are you doing? Someone is trying to get in the door."

HAHA jokes on us, the battery must have been going dead in the in-room safe because it started beeping and didn't stop. We ended up moving rooms at 2:30 in the morning. So much for a solid night of sleep. When we woke up a few hours later we discover that our room has no towels, wash cloths, soap, or anything else we need. And the worst! There are TWO packs of DECAF coffee! Not one regular and one decaf like normal!

So we check out, make sure the lady knows we changed rooms and that our new room had no towels, and ... nothing. There were no apologies or refunds! Oh well, no bitching on our part, let it go and get in the van to the port, we are on our way to a great vacation!

From Cruise2009

Meet the Carnival Freedom Fun Ship! Our home away from home for the next week!

Photobucket

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 22, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Sounds like a great start to your trip. I can't wait to hear more!

oh yay!!!! I want to be on that ship!

I cannot wait to hear about the rest of your trip! More photos please!

I'm excited to hear about the rest of your trip too. And I did appreciate the bird in the airport. Some of the little things in life keep it all interesting.

Post a Comment