Custom Search

Deep, Dark, Evil  

Posted by: Meredith

For someone who has not touched the treadmill in at least 6 months, I feel pretty good after 1.5 miles. I do feel like a wuss for not doing more than that, but seeing as it's been so long since I have done any kind of exercise I guess it's not so bad.

This week has been so busy. With school back in session, Tuesday and Wednesday's are long days. I get up at 6:30am and usually don't get home until around 9:45pm. This is the first semester that I have had classes on back-to-back nights and I don't really like it because I don't get to see Little B. very much these days. At least this is the last semester I will be in school. Unless I win the lottery and quit my job so I can go back to school and get a bachelors degree and be home with the kid the rest of the time. That would be nice.

I have decided that I am going to let Brandon watch one tv show a night when I am home. Last night while I was on the treadmill, I was letting him watch tv and all he does is fuss about what show is on, or how he wants another show, or game... I finally turned off the tv and hid the remote, and the house was much calmer. Now, of course, Hubbs is not home during the no tv time. I would be a single woman if I tried to control the tv when he is home. On Monday, Thursday, and Friday's Hubbs works until 7, sometimes later, so I have Brandon by myself, and I just can't take all the fussing any longer. Especially when his fussing is more like top-of-the-lungs screaming!

In other news....

I have discovered that my amazing husband has a deep-dark evil side to him. It seems a sweet thing like an adorable little grey and white spotted kitten makes this monster-within appear.

Here's how it went down...

Hubbs: I'm taking the dogs out to walk.
Me: Ok. Hey Brandon, if you don't stay at the table with that brownie I will throw it in the trash.
Me: (looking out the sliding glass door)

Awww, Brandon look at this cute little kitty that is in the backyard! Isn't it cute?
Brandon: Kitty Kitty
Me: Look, he/she is so sweet, it is coming right up to me. Do you want to keep it? I wish we could but Papa is supposedly allergic to cats. And he said Chewy would eat it.
Brandon: IN HOUSE! IN HOUSE!
Me: (calling Hubbs on the phone) Hey, bring the dogs in the front door there is a kitten in the backyard.
Hubbs: Well get rid of it.
Me: I pushed it out the fence and it keeps coming back. Brandon wants to keep it.
Hubbs: I'll be there in a minute.

Hubbs brings the dogs in the front door and has this look of determination on his face that I don't think I have ever seen (with some evil thrown in for good measure.)

Me: Awww, but Hubbs, he/she is so sweet. It wants in the house.
Brandon: IN HOUSE!
Hubbs: (continues walking the distance to the back door.)
Me: What are you going to do?
Hubbs: Break It's Neck, that's what!




Hubbs then proceeds outside and Brandon and I are pleading with him to be nice. Then the hose comes out and he sprays the poor thing with water until it leaves. I guess it's better than killing it by breaking it's little neck.

Hubbs: There, it won't come back now.

Me: Well you didn't have to spray it with the hose. That's so mean. Say it with me Brandon, "Mean Papa" (it got to below freezing last night, so the poor thing probably froze to death.)

Brandon: Mean Papa

Hubbs: No, what would have been mean is if I had gotten my gun.

Now that's what I call a deep-dark evil side. I don't know how anyone can not love a sweet, adorable, cuddly thing like a kitten.

Photobucket



This entry was posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

9 comments

Oh my goodness. He sounds like my dad! My dad despises cats.
Poor little kitty!!

GASP!!! I would not currently be speaking to Pat if he sprayed a little kitten with a hose. Especially if the kitten looked like the one in that picture.

I guess there's no arguing...your husband REALLY does not like cats. lol.

Oh that was so mean. But I guess neck breakage would have been meaner.

About the treadmill. Warm yourself up to it I say. 1.5 miles is great for a 1st attempt.

Says she who has done zero exercise in months.

I just gave you an award on my blog! Go check it out!

I guess he is not a cat person LOL. Great cruise pictures BTW. I am trying to get caught up. My sister and I were with my Dad last week at Duke. I took the laptop but didn't feel like much blog reading. :(

Your husband sounds like mine... he hates cats and will have no part of them. My oldest son wants a cat so bad but my husband will have no part of it. Ugh....

Great job! Thanks for stopping by!

OH MY....I think the hubby hates cats! We don't have that problem....my hubby never says no to any pets....that's why we have 8 cats, 2 dogs, 3 guinea pigs, and 50 + chickens! HA I know...it's a freaking zoo!

Very nicely written. Three things are common between both of us-
1. I am a mother
2. I am a student
3. I love pets too
I was thinking only my life is busy like anything and i could not spend lot time with my little daughter who is just 2 and a half. But ur work schedule is very similar to mine :). I'll keep visiting ur blog in future. Take care

Post a Comment