Custom Search

My new obsession...  

Posted by: Meredith

So I decided that I really needed a way to get motivated to get in shape. I bought a Nike Plus Sport Kit, and I am hooked. It's this little sensor that you put in your shoe and a receiver that attaches to your Ipod nano or Ipod touch. Then all you do is run or walk and it tracks your workout. When you get home you sync your Ipod and your workout information is sent to your Nike Plus account so you can track yourself. You can even set up workout schedules, and join competitions with other runners throughout the world.

I just got the kit last weekend, so I have only run twice with it, but it is so much fun to be able to see your distance, pace, calories burned, and listen to music while you run.

My first run on Tuesday.
The details:
2.27 Miles
25 minutes, 53 seconds
11 minutes, 21 seconds per mile/ average pace
219 calories burned

Now, I am not a good runner, nor do I claim to be, but I think this is a pretty good start.

My second run on Wednesday:
The details:
2.90 Miles
32 minutes, 30 seconds
11 minutes, 11 seconds per mile/ average pace
279 calories burned

This run was better. I found a trail that I really like. It weaves through the woods at a local park and has lots of ups and downs. Although it was pretty muddy Wednesday, I still enjoyed myself and felt good afterward.

In the past I have posted that I was going to workout, and it never really happened. This time I am determined. It feels really good to get outside and run without other distractions.

If any of you out there are runners that use the Nike Plus sensor let me know. I would like to know how it is working for you. Do you find it easier to get out and run knowing that you can link your workout info to the web and share with others via the Nike Plus website?

Photobucket

This entry was posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

I wonder if it would be just as much of a value for walking?!

Hey girl! It sounds great. I am not a runner though? Does it work on the treadmill I wonder. Hope you are doing well. We should have lunch sometime. :)

That sounds soooo cool! I'm going to check into it. I bet my husband would love it!

I'm not a runner (heck, I barely even walk!), but I have a friend who runs...what a great idea!

I don't know anything about it, but it sounds really cool. I am trying to run more lately so I may have to check it out!

Post a Comment