Custom Search

Ohhhh Ahhhhh Shiny!!!  

Posted by: Meredith

Lana at The Kids Did WHAT?! let me know that I obviously missed a very important comment while I was going through a weeks worth of email...I missed the comment she left that I had an award waiting for me on her blog! I am feeling sooo lucky! Maybe it's time to go buy a lottery ticket...

So I mosey over to Lana's blog and to my surprise, there is not one, but TWO awards that she has so generously forwarded on to me...yippee!

Photobucket

AND

Photobucket

I never thought the term 'scrap' when used to describe my 'work' could be so endearing. Thanks Lana!

Here are the rules for these awards:

a) List 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!

b) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

Well I don't know if there are 10 interesting things about me. I don't consider myself that interesting, but here goes:

1> I used to be really mean to my brothers. My younger brother in particular. I feel horible now about how mean I was, and I really don't know where it all came from. My brothers and I are all nice to each other now, but we don't really see each other too much.

2> I am lazy. It may not seem like it, but I will put off all that can be put off just because. There is no better feeling than having everything on the 'to do' list complete so you can just sit and relax, but I am not one to ever really experience that because there is always something I have put off doing that needs to be done. Hell, I didn't finish packing for vacation until 9:00am and we were leaving for the airport at 9:30am!

3> The day after I married my first husband I realized that I should call the minister that married us and tell him not to send in the completed marriage license so that the marriage would not be valid. The day before I was still stupid enough to think I could change a person. The day after I realized just how wrong I was. It was really probably the saddest day of my life because I had made such a HUGE mistake, my family had not been there because they did not want me getting married, and I felt so alone.

4> When I was pregnant with Little B. I just knew that he was going to be too big to be born naturally. I begged my doctor to allow him to be born via c-section at 38 weeks, but no luck. Doc was old school and said we had to wait for labor to begin to determine if he was going to be squeezed out or pulled out. Well, wouldn't you know, I was lucky to not have ANY stretch marks up to my due date. Unfortunately, Little B. was not ready to be born and the day after my due date I woke up covered in stretch marks. If only the Dr. had cut me open two weeks earlier. Sure enough, labor never began, and B. was born via c-section after all.

5> I will fight with a brick wall if I feel I am right. I am slowly learning that I need to keep my mouth shut occassionally, such as when I am talking to an ignorant person, who will never understand, no matter how much you tell them. I guess this 'talent' of stubborness will make life easier in my line of work. (I am a paralegal, hoping to make it to law school someday.) If you don't know the answer, ask me. HAHA My husband is slowly coming around to the fact that I know all and he needs to listen to me at all times!

Ok, so there are 5 things about me. I will try to think of 5 more honest and interesting things about me in the future. I wouldn't want to give it all away at once. (That's a lie, I can't think of anything else you would like to know about me.)

EDIT: I forgot I need to pass these awards on to other deserving blogs! Here they are:

Cardigans Cover Crazy
Evolving Mommy
Sneaky Momma
Sneaky Daddy
Strange things are afoot...
Welcome to the Snug
monkeys on the roof


Photobucket

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 22, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

awwww congrats!!! you got the lemondae award!! I just got the honest one today too!!

Thanks so much for the award! You're too kind.
I totally relate to your #2! :)

I can relate to 2 and 5 100%!
Well, I'm off to go check out the blogs you listed!

Thank your for the major award! I am trying to think of my 10 things about me to post!!!

I thought your list was interesting. I can relate to waking up the day after I married my first husband and thinking, Oh. This is bad.

Also, don't you know that lawyers are never "right". They are just lucky that their particular judge gives them what they want. The answer to every question you pose to a lawyer is "it depends." And paralegals do 99% of the work and just get paid less for it. Not that I have an opinion about any of that.

Congrats on your new bloggy awards!

Hey thanks!! I have no idea what it means, but thanks nonetheless!

Post a Comment