Custom Search

On with the trip>  

Posted by: Meredith

So to start where I left off, here is a pic of Hubbs getting annoyed with me on the bus to the port:

From Cruise2009

I know he is gonna kill me for putting this picture up, but I want you all to know the kind of man I am married to. Always a laugh.

Here we are so excited to finally be getting to the port and about to have the vacation we have always dreamed of...

From Cruise2009

My mom's main concern with us going on this cruise was, "are you sure there are enough life boats for everyone?" Well mom, yes, there are enough life boats for everyone, including crew...


From Cruise2009

Since we were allowed to board the ship early and the rooms were not all cleaned yet, they sent us all up to the Lido deck to eat. If you are not a fish eater, please avert your eyes. I love smoked salmon! And what a treat that I could get a smoked salmon bagel ANYTIME I wanted! Man, if things keep going this way, I am never getting off the boat...

From Cruise2009
While sitting and enjoying our lunch, this was our view of the port...

From Cruise2009

From Cruise2009

From Cruise2009

From Cruise2009

From Cruise2009

From Cruise2009

We finally made it to our rooms around 2:00pm, but not after having a drink at the poolside bar...

Me: Hey Jason, look here...

From Cruise2009
Jason: Huh? What?...
Jason: Oh Yeah...
From Cruise2009
Here is our room...

From Cruise2009

From Cruise2009

And our balcony...

From Cruise2009

Of course, we wanted to be able to sit out here and watch us pull away from port, however, the International Law of Cruise Ships, or something like that, mandated that ALL passengers leave their rooms and find their assigned life boat. Kinda like a fire drill in school. Hubbs and I thought we would be sneaky and just not go, and then there was the intercom message telling us that we couldn't leave port until all guest were at their assigned stations. They even come and check every room to make sure you get where you need to be. I was very impressed with how smooth this drill ran. Now, if it had been a real emergency, I don't think it would have been as smooth. But who knows?

We did make it back to our room to see the us leaving the port channel and watch as the land disappeared behind us...

From Cruise2009

From Cruise2009


The first night of the cruise we met our dinner partners, Bill and Michelle, from Buffalo, NY. Jason felt right at home with fellow Yanks, but I was the odd ball out being the only Southerner. That really didn't matter though, they were really nice and we all got along well.


From Cruise2009


After dinner we went to the comedy show, the comedian was a juggler. I was very skeptical at first, because how funny can a juggler really be? Well, as it turns out the juggler was very funny, but not nearly as funny as my Hubby. Jason was pulled up on stage to help with the show...

Jason's was to lay on the ground while the juggler juggled three hatchets over him!


From Cruise2009

To tell the truth, I was laughing so hard in my seat. You see stuff like this on TV, and I am always convinced the hatchets are fake. My laughing came to a stand still the second the guy made me come up on stage and verify the hatchets were real, and they were sharp!

From Cruise2009

I went back to my seat almost in tears, shaking uncontrollably that Jason was going to be hurt. After the blind fold was put on Jason, the juggler switched to plastic bowling pins and began his juggling routine. Not 45 seconds later he dropped a 'hatchet' on Jason and the crowd went wild as Jason jumped so high at the scare! It was hilarious. Unfortunately, they do not video tape the shows due to copywrite laws, so the only evidence of Jason's performance are the two pictures above. Which were polaroids taken on stage. Ahhh the memories.

I will end this lengthy post with a picture taken from our balcony of the moon reflecting off the water this first night at sea. Notice how smooth the water is, it was amazing...


From Cruise2009

Photobucket

This entry was posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

7 comments

Looks like your wrist bands worked...yeah!!! I would have loved to see the look on your husband's face when that hatchet dropped!!!LOL

Ooooh!!! I have ALWAYS wanted to go on a criuse, and this post only reinforced my dream! Sounds like wonderful time! I laughed out loud over the juggling "mishap". Too Funny! And now I want some salmon... mmmmmmmm. Thanks for sharing your vacation!

I want to go on a cruise! Everyone says it is worth the extra money for the balcony room. Do you agree?

Oh I want to go on a cruise....
We got married on a cruise 10 years ago... oh how fun that was. Our room looked very similar to yours and we had a great balcany. Loved it!!!

Our friends that went with us said in 5 years we would go back... that same year we all had babies. Sorry to say their have been zero cruises since then. LOL....

These pictures were a lot of fun to look at. Oh, I want to go on a cruise! I don't care where it is taking me, either. It just seems like an awesome experience to have.

You look so young!

My husband looks ...not terribly excited and happy... in most pictures too. He gets this "your-taking-my-pictre" look. I don't get it.

I love the picture of the moon over the water. I was surprised when I took a cruise how much like dark oil the water was. I later had nightmares about that cold, still, dark water. But your picture turned out great!

Post a Comment