Custom Search

I guess I was called out...  

Posted by: Meredith

Heatherlyn left me a comment on a previous post a few minutes ago saying that my blog has not been showing up in her blog roll. Ummm, yeah, about that.... I have obviously not been here in a while. Since January 30th to be exact. It's horrible, I have been neglecting this blog for 2 weeks now. I don't know that I have gone this long without a post ever in the past.

You see, a few weeks ago the high for the day was like 23 degrees F, which may not be that bad to some of you out there, but the natives of North Carolina are not made for that kind of weather! So , when the weather warmed up to highs in the upper 60's and lower 70's two days later, I went outside with Little B. I don't know why warm weather makes life seem busier, but it sure has lately.

The days are getting longer, and B. wants to play outside with the other kids, which is wonderful that he is coming out of his shell and making friends. Other than playing outside in the evenings, I really haven't added much to my daily routine, but I feel like I have not had time to stop and rest.

I have done one really cool thing since the last time I posted, I sold my huge goldfish. I was really sad to see them go, but they were just too big for the aquarium I had them in, and since we really can not buy a bigger house at the moment, I could not get a bigger aquarium. Two of the fish I had to let go of were the first two fish we had. Hubbs won them at the county fair by throwing ping pong balls into little fish bowls. I never would have thought 'fair' fish would have been as healthy and beautiful as these fish turned out to be.

So I took four fish to the local pet shop and the owners were absolutely shocked at the size and beauty of these fish. I felt like the best fish mommy in the world! I did get some baby fancy goldfish, a hoplo catfish, some live plants, and much needed water conditioner for free. I think the pet shop lady got a fantastic deal on the fish, seeing as how she will now sell them for $30 a piece, and I went home with about $30 worth of stuff. But I am not one to be greedy, and I really could not have taken home anything else as over crowding was the problem I had to begin with.

I am very pleased with the look of the tank now with the live plants and baby fish. Now if this housing market would pick up again, I could have that 125 gallon aquarium I dream of....

Photobucket

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Glad to see you back! I hear ya on the weather. It's been beautiful lately. (minus the rain yesterday)

Continue to enjoy your weather! Because you know, here, in NC, it can change in the blink of an eye, lol.

Post a Comment